I’ve had a bad programmer week - time filled with lots of little technical glitches with no obvious solutions.
The latest problem was today when I was trying to use a WinForm DataGridView with a collection of objects created with LLBLGen Pro. Long story short: I thought I had remembered that to set-up databinding at design time I need to use a LLBLGenProDataSource, so I spent a lot of time trying to add the component to my toolbox. At first it never seemed to add it, and then I realized it was disabled. I spent tons of time reading forum and blog posts where developers described similar problems with other controls, and I tried a variety of weird solutions (including using a non-wireless keyboard and mouse - seriously).
Then I ran into a post in the LLBLGen forums where a developer described my same problem. And the response was that the LLBLGenProDataSource is a web forms control. Duh! No wonder it was disabled.
Anyway, that gives you an idea of the week I’m having.